Workers urged to gear up for 4th industrial revolution
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
Speaking at a conference of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour (VGCL) in Hanoi on January 12, the Deputy PM pointed out that Vietnam and other countries are embarking on the revolution, which requires integration in both depth and width, as well as renovation.
He praised significant contributions made by the VGCL and trade unions at all levels to national socio-economic achievements in 2017, and expressed his hope that the general confederation will continue its coordination with the Government to care for labourers’ life.
As Tet (Lunar New Year) is nearing, the official asked the VGCL to join hands with all-level competent agencies to ensure a safe and happy holiday for all labourers.
At the conference, the VGCL set forth tasks for all-level trade unions in 2018, focusing on preparing the 12th national trade union congress for the 2018-2023 tenure, and contributing to developing policies and laws directly relating to trade union members and labourers.
Trade unions at all levels will increase their supervision of the implementation of policies and laws towards labourers, especially the adjustment of regional minimum wages in 2018, while working on the adjustment plan in 2019.
In 2017, the VGCL has surpassed the target of 10 million members set for 2013-2018 tenure, the conference heard.
The confederation’s chapters have involved in the negotiation and signing of 27,866 collective labour contracts in 2017, up 817 contracts compared to 2016. The trade unions also organised 30,641 regular dialogues with businesses, up nearly 39 percent against 2016, and 3,101 unexpected dialogues, a rise of close to 21 percent year-on-year, helping timely address concerns of labourers at the grassroots level.
They also participated in 24,446 inspections of the enforcement of policies and laws towards labourers as compared with some 20,446 inspections conducted in 2016.
- Three Chinese men detained for using fake ATM cards
- Vietnam's corruption ranking improves amid global stagnation: survey
- Sediment loss in Mekong River killing southern delta
- Hailstorms destroy hundreds of houses in Nghe An
- Over 96 percent of workers in Da Nang return to work after Tet
- Swiss university holds seminar on Vietnam’s economy
- The students working through Tet
- VFF leader highly evaluates role of member organisations
- US$61.6 million spent to help disadvantaged people enjoy Tet
- Gov’t offices to trim 4,000 staff this year
- Vietnam works to stop illegal fishing
- Vietnamese students in Moscow celebrate Tet
- VN students need counseling: psychologists
- Hanoi sets up team to inspect apartments
- Ministry vows to improve management of festivals
- Vietnam beats US in new 4G speed survey, ranks second in SEA
- North Vietnam set for new cold spell
- Da Nang to roll out 6 new bus routes
- Quang Tri to set up biodiversity corridors
- Vietnamese bamboo species conserved in Dong Thap province
- Hai Duong’s Mo Trach village of doctoral laureates honoured
- Wrongdoings in PetroVietnam’s investment in Ocean Bank to be tried next month
- VFF leader pledges to promote leaning society
- Thua Thien-Hue shifts to biodegradable seedling bags
- Made-in-Vietnam medicine use on the rise
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Plenty of job openings in HCM City
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Deputy PMs extend congratulations on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- Quang Tri teachers encourage pupils with lucky money to go to school
- President urges better public health care
- Vietnam, Laos youth unions forge stronger ties
- OceanBank case sent back for further investigation
- Teacher and retention recruitment crisis
- Giant dogs to take over Saigon flower street in celebration of Lunar New Year
- Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
- Jelly cubes pose choking risk in young children
- Binh Dinh to spend VND392 billion on UXO clearance
- Conference gathers int’l scientists to address pollution
- Binh Thuan cracks down on illegal sand mining
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP