Vietnamese crazy about foreign brands
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
Thousands of people queued up in front of H&M on the opening day in Hanoi. Some young women said they waited half a day to become the first people to buy H&M products.
Long queues at the counters are often seen at Zara and H&M shops in Hanoi and HCMC. Vietnam is now among Zara’s top 5 global markets with the highest revenue.
After three years in HCMC, McDonald’s decided to enter the northern market. Again, on opening day, Hanoians stood in long queues.
Local newspapers reported that many young people queued from 6-7 am on the day 7-Eleven debuted in Vietnam so as to be recognized as the first customers checking in the shop.
In the entertainment industry, CJ CGV Vietnam, encouraged by the prosperity in large cities, has been expanding provincial markets. The Republic of Korea's investor plans to build 12-15 cinema complexes each year.
The most recent report shows that 148 international brands have been successfully franchised in Vietnam.
These include many food & beverage brands such as KFC, Lotteria, Jollibee, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Starbucks, McDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Popeye’s Chicken, Texas Chicken and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
Other well-known brands are about to come to Vietnam. Walmart is surveying the market before it officially opens supermarkets. And IKEA has confirmed its plan to come to Vietnam.
Vietnamese favor foreign goods
A representative of H&M said Vietnam is an important market for the fashion brand, ranking 68th globally and the fourth in South East Asia.
Statistics Portal, a German market analysis firm, predicted revenue in the Vietnam fashion industry in 2017 at US$358 million and CAGR at 22.5% in 2017-2022.
A survey by Nielsen showed that Vietnamese spending on clothes is the third priority after food and savings. Vietnam ranks third in the world in the number of people fond of branded goods, just after China and India.
According to VN Franchising, the Vietnamese franchise market will see 20-25% growth rate in 2017. Foreign franchisers can see great opportunities in Vietnam reflected in Vietnamese increased spending, especially on food and beverages.
Meanwhile, a media company commented that the cinema industry also has great potential in Vietnam. In developed countries, one person may see a film four times a year, while the figure is 0.2 in Vietnam.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP