Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
With year-on-year growth of 11% in the fourth quarter of 2017, Vietnam’s annual demand for jewellery rose by 7% to reach 16.5 tonnes.
This was the strongest year for Vietnamese jewellery demand since 2008, the council said, adding that demand benefited from robust economic growth and continued stock market gains.
Expansion of the jewellery retail network and tentative signs that the Government will begin to liberalise the gold market also boosted the market, the council said in the report.
Globally, gold demand rallied in the closing months of 2017, gaining 6% year-on-year to more than 1,090 tonnes in the fourth quarter, however full-year demand fell by 7% to 4,070 tonnes.
Full-year gold jewellery demand increased by 4% to 2,135 tonnes - the first year of growth since 2013.
India and China led a 4% recovery in jewellery, although demand remained below historical averages.
Increased use of gold in smart phones and vehicles sparked the first year of growth in technology demand since 2010.
In another report, the council said investors added gold to their portfolios as incomes increased, uncertainty loomed and gold’s price growth continued.
In 2018, gold will be supported by synchronised global economic growth, shrinking central bank balance sheets and rising rates, frothy asset prices and market transparency, efficiency, and access.
The State Bank of Vietnam is drafting amendments to the Decree 24/2012/ND-CP about gold business management, which could impact the gold market this year.
In the domestic market, demand for gold increased in the days approaching the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday.
According to Nguyen Thi Cuc, Deputy Director of Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Company, demand for gold products last week increased by 15-20% compared to normal days.
SJC gold was sold at VND36.87 million (US$1,600) per tael on February 7 in Ho Chi Minh City market.
On Kitco, gold was traded at US$1,328.
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- iPhone X orders weak globally, but strong in Vietnam
- Pre-Tet demand drives industrial production index up
- High rentals likely to push up Tet flower prices
- Price hikes in almost commodities fuel January’s CPI growth
- Netherlands – Vietnam’s fruitful export market in EU
- Vietnamese crazy about foreign brands
- Regional retailers run fast, Vietnamese inch forward
- Foreign cruise lines show growing appetite for Vietnam
- 2017 called the ‘year of milk tea’
- Petrol prices increase by over VND400 per litre
- Vietnam imports over US$2.82 billion of pharmaceuticals in 2017
- Trade counselors to talk with southern local government officials and businesses
- More than 100 shops open in Hanoi on the first day of Tet
- Supermarkets in HCM City gear up for Lunar New Year
- Vietnam spends US$5.4 million a day importing fruit pre-Tet
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- Catfish exports to US decline
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP