Vietnam seeks to accelerate agricultural restructuring
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
At a recent working session with the Prime Minister’s economic consulting team, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong said the agricultural sector was facing growing competition and technical barriers.
The minister said the restructuring process helped improve the production capacity significantly with many products now in surplus.
However, small-scale production and low productivity were still problems that needed a resolution, Cuong said, adding Vietnam has 8.6 million farmer households and 78 million fields.
The minister asked the PM’s team to study and propose policies to reduce the proportion of labour in agriculture, attract investments in infrastructure, especially in the irrigation system, develop markets and improve land policies.
According to director of the Central Institute for Economic Management Nguyen Dinh Cung, it was important to remove bottlenecks in land policies, especially land limit, to encourage investments and promote large-scale production.
Truong Dinh Tuyen, former Minister of Commerce (now the Ministry of Industry and Trade) said Vietnam should develop the food and food-processing industry but be selective as many fresh products could be sold for high prices.
In addition to this, developing standards and promoting their application in production as well as enhancing quality control to improve product quality were critical to boost exports with high-added value.
The agriculture ministry’s statistics showed that Vietnam earned US$3.09 billion from exporting agro-forestry-fishery products in January, a rise of 25.9% over the same month last year.
Agro-forestry-fishery exports hit US$33 billion in 2017, representing a rise of 13.8% against the previous year.
- Dong Nai-based firms keep stable activities after Tet
- VinaCapital buys BSR and PV Power shares for US$45 million
- Fees, retail services to be banks’ main income
- China outstrips US to become Vietnam’s largest export market
- Site clearance for Long Thanh airport needs nearly VND23 trillion
- PM requires Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park to form startup ecosystem
- PM lauds Vietinbank, Vietcombank’s business results last year
- Viglacera builds Dong Van IV IP’s infrastructure
- Deputy PM directs improving SOEs’ efficiency
- PM lauds workers’ contributions to national development
- EVN resolved to ensure electricity supply
- PM Phuc highlights importance of Party leadership for State agencies
- PM okays ultra-thin glass project in Ninh Binh
- NA Vice Chairman: e-customs facilitate import-export activities
- Powering Vietnam’s electricity shift
- Gold shops prepare for surge on God of Wealth Day Read
- Final version of Trans-Pacific trade deal released
- PM urges prompt resumption of work following Tet holiday
- Japanese group builds auto parts factory in Thai Binh
- Vietnam sees boom in renewable energy projects
- Major infrastructure works begin in new year
- Thaco launches new agricultural machine factory
- Easy seaport procedures lauded
- Thailand, Vietnam look to stronger defence-security cooperation
- Competent agencies try to fight against adulteration of fuel
- ASEAN diplomats offer New Year greetings to Vietnam
- Gotu Kola plant earns Hue farmers a decent life
- President receives outgoing Mozambican Ambassador
- T&T gunning for strategic ownership in Vinafood 2
- PTSC to make $57 million investment aboard
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- Government to establish agency to manage State assets
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$3.3 billion
- Vinamilk eyes US$2.24 billion in revenue in 2017
- Japanese firms seek partners in Dong Nai province
- President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
- Agroviet 2017 to gather 300 firms
- Workshop spotlights sustainable seaweed cultivation
- Quang Ninh: cross-border trade flourishes
- MoIT: Production improves, trade unbalanced
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP