Vietnam, RoK look towards US$100 bln trade by 2020
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
During the 8th meeting of the Vietnam-RoK Joint Committee for Cooperation in Nuclear power, Industry and Trade in Ho Chi Minh City on February 2, the two sides debated cooperation in projects related to oil and gas, renewable energy, energy safety, support industry, development of electricity plants under the form of build-operate-transfer (BOT).
They also had a dialogue on the auto industry and cooperation mechanisms to promote Vietnam’s agro-aquaculture products and processed food export to the RoK.
These were considered as foundation for the two countries to outline and carry out practical and specific projects of industrial, trade and energy cooperation in 2018 and 2018 and subsequent years.
At the 2nd meeting of the Vietnam-RoK Joint Committee on the implementation of the Vietnam-Korea Free Trade Agreement (VKFTA) on the same day, Vietnamese Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh and RoK Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy Paik Un-gyu highly valued the development of economic, trade and investment relations between the two countries in recent years.
Paik Un-gyu stressed after the VKFTA took effect, export value of the two sides to each other has increased remarkably, helping concretise cooperation in many fields.
The two sides pledged to continue discussing ways to settle issues arising in the process of implementing the agreement, while reviewing committed contents to ensure that the deal will benefit the respective business communities, contributing to maintaining trade and investment growth.
The officials also acknowledged efforts made by both sides in actively promoting activities of their cooperation sub-committees, and approved a joint statement of the 2nd meeting of the Vietnam-RoK Joint Committee on the implementation of the VKFTA.
They also signed memorandums of understanding on establishing a joint website on the VKFTA, and on the establishment of a joint working group to solve difficulties for Vietnamese and RoK enterprises (Vietnam plus-Korea plus).
The two ministers also witnessed the signing of a letter of intent (LOI) between Vietnam’s Industry Department and the Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) on the formation of the Vietnam-RoK consultancy and technology solution centre, and other cooperation documents.
According to the General Department of Vietnam Customs, export and import turnover between Vietnam and the RoK in 2017 hit US$61.5 billion, a year-on-year increase of 41.3%. Vietnam’s export to the RoK reached US$14.8 billion, while its import from the RoK stood at US$46.7 billion, up 30% and 45.3% against 2016, respectively.
The RoK is the second largest foreign investor, after Japan, in Vietnam in 2017 with total registered capital of US$8.49 billion.
In terms of accumulative investments, the country ranked first among 125 countries and territories investing in Vietnam, with total investment capital of US$57.7 billion as of the end of December 2017.
- Positive signs promise good year for rice export
- Vietnam's paper imports up last year
- Hanoi’s export value up 24% in January
- Conference promotes Cuba trade
- Cashew sector earns low profits in global value chain
- US tariffs to wash out local imports
- Tien Giang earns US$220 million in January’s exports
- Vietnam’s rice export to enjoy prosperous year in 2018
- Rice export surges 74.2% in January
- Ministry seeks to gain US$40 billion from agro-forestry-fishery exports
- European food brands hungry for business in Vietnam
- Thousands of Japanese goods to enjoy zero percent tariff in 2018
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed US$3 billion in January
- January trade value surges year on year
- Petrol imports climb 3.5% in January
- Dong Nai’s export turnover enjoys surge in January
- Post harvest losses hinder Vietnam’s exports
- Commercial arbitration improves dispute resolution
- Ministry clarifies decree on imported autos
- Demand for beef up in Vietnam
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed US$6 bln in first two months
- Vietnam’s squid and octopus exports to US surge
- Vietnam’s export turnover to expand 8-10 pct in 2018
- Vietnamese exporters start to add value
- Avenues of opportunity for Vietnamese exports to US
- Exports of tra fish to UK increase
- Vietnam boosts trade ties with strategic partners
- Agriculture industry aims for US$40 billion export target
- Vietnam eyes US$21 billion in cultivation exports in 2018
- Numerous challenges facing Vietnam’s exports in 2018
- Bright prospects for steel firms despite challenges
- Japanese firm wants to join Vietnam’s tea industry
- Development fund offers financial aid to SMEs
- Annual packaging industry exhibition this month
- Long road ahead for entrepreneurs
- Second Vietnam motor show to be held in Hanoi
- Vietbuild 2017 kicks off in Hanoi
- Airlines face turbulent airport charge hikes in Vietnam
- Son La mangoes irradiated for export to Australia
- Energy labels made compulsory for certain equipment, vehicles
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP