Vietnam, India eye greater trade in paper products
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
K Srikar Reddy, the Indian consul general in the city, said bilateral trade had grown more than 60 fold in the last two decades to 10.13 billion USD in 2016-17, noting that India is now among the top 10 trading partners of Vietnam.
However, India exported paper worth 38.17 million USD to Vietnam last year, only 3.26 percent of its global exports, he said.
India imported paper worth 2.7 billion USD, with just 7.78 million USD from Vietnam, he said.
There is thus much scope to promote bilateral investment and trade ties in the sector, he added.
Hoang Trung Son, vice chairman of the Vietnam Pulp and Paper Association, said the paper industry has seen outstanding growth of 11 percent a year and can meet 64 percent of demand.
Last year Vietnam imported around two million tonnes of paper at 1.7 billion USD, mainly from Asian economies such as China, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, and Japan.
According to Son, Vietnam has started importing paper from India with the volume increasing year after year. Thanks to the Free Trade Agreement between ASEAN and India (AIFTA), the import tax on main paper lines is decreasing gradually, increasing the competitiveness of Indian paper.
Son said the association believes that there is plenty of opportunity for cooperation between Vietnam and India in both paper production and trading.
The meeting was attended by a delegation of 44 Indian companies belonging to the Federation of Paper Traders Association (FPTA).
According to the FPTA, India’s paper demand is expected to grow by 6-7 percent in 2016-22 and reach 19.9 million tonnes a year by 2022.
A shortage of raw materials and higher costs are preventing the industry from increasing production and the country has to rely on imports to meet demand, it said.
Shekar Chandak, leader of the visiting business delegation, said the main purpose of the visit is to explore opportunities for both exporting paper to Vietnam and buying from it.
“India imports a lot of wood chips also for the paper industry. We are importing from Australia, Japan, and South Africa.
“And Vietnam is a big producer of wood chips, so there is a huge opportunity for importing wood chips also,” Shekar Chandak said.
He added that India also has some special paper which it can export to Vietnam.
- European food brands hungry for business in Vietnam
- Thousands of Japanese goods to enjoy zero percent tariff in 2018
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed US$3 billion in January
- January trade value surges year on year
- Petrol imports climb 3.5% in January
- Dong Nai’s export turnover enjoys surge in January
- Post harvest losses hinder Vietnam’s exports
- Commercial arbitration improves dispute resolution
- Ministry clarifies decree on imported autos
- Demand for beef up in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s steel export enjoys 34% growth
- RoK’s imports of Vietnamese farm produce soars after 2015 FTA
- Exports to Southeast Asia forecast to keep upward trend
- Vietnam is world’s second largest shoes exporter
- Vietnam capitalizes on FTAs
- Milk and dairy imports inch up by nearly 1.6%
- Vietnam growing as export destination for Republic of Korea
- Phu Tho province looks to boost exports
- Vietnam runs US$5.9 billion trade deficit with SEA region
- Fisheries sector aims for US$9 billion export value in 2018
- Auspicious start for Vietnamese seafood exports to EU
- Viet Tien garment firm targets US$1 billion in exports by 2020
- Vietnam, India eye greater trade in paper products
- Market to bode well for coffee export
- Positive signs promise good year for rice export
- Vietnam's paper imports up last year
- Hanoi’s export value up 24% in January
- Conference promotes Cuba trade
- Cashew sector earns low profits in global value chain
- US tariffs to wash out local imports
- Bright prospects for steel firms despite challenges
- Japanese firm wants to join Vietnam’s tea industry
- Development fund offers financial aid to SMEs
- Annual packaging industry exhibition this month
- Long road ahead for entrepreneurs
- Second Vietnam motor show to be held in Hanoi
- Vietbuild 2017 kicks off in Hanoi
- Airlines face turbulent airport charge hikes in Vietnam
- Son La mangoes irradiated for export to Australia
- Energy labels made compulsory for certain equipment, vehicles
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP