Tet calligraphy street opens in Ho Chi Minh City
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The street of calligraphers appears around the HCMC Youth Cultural House on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Pham Ngoc Thach streets.
Calligraphers are on hands to write words or phrases carrying the meaning of luck, peace, good health or prosperity upon request.
Customers will have the opportunity to watch artists making paintings, portrait drawings or wooden carvings.
Vuong Thi Kim Dung, a resident in Vo Gap district said: "At a time when foreign culture has made impacts on the local one, the programme is expected to help preserve traditional cultural identities".
The calligraphy street has become one of the annual traditional events in the lead up to Tet in the city as the Vietnamese often seek luck, peace, good health or prosperity through calligraphy.
Expressing his joy when being at the venue, calligrapher Nhuan Hoa said: "I am happy to be here and give lucky words and wishes for peace, prosperity, good health and a happy family to people on the occasion of the new year".
Ngoc Tho, a resident in Ho Chi Minh City’s district 10 told reporters that she asked for the word “prosperity” as she wished for a successful and luckier year for herself and family members".
The street of calligraphers will be open for public viewing from now until February 15, one day before the Lunar New Year kicks off, with a range of cultural and entertainment activities such as dragon and lion dances and martial art performances.
- Bac Ninh to host love duet singing festival
- Spring festival to honour national ethnic cultures
- Numerous festivals kick off amid Tet atmosphere
- French photographer to build Co Tu museum in Quang Nam
- Ngan Anh to strut Los Angeles catwalk
- Quang Ninh province to go vibrant with Yen Tu spring festival
- HCM city offers attractive activities during lunar New Year festival
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- Project to restore golden paintings underway
- More than a bowl of noodles, “pho” is history
- New Year customs enrich Vietnamese culture
- Vietnamese literary translator honoured with Russian award
- Vietnam Poetry Day 2018 to feature various activities
- Fireworks festival set to light up Danang skies for 2 months
- Over 100 artisans join Gia Lai ethnic festival
- Thua Thien-Hue holds wrestling bout to warm up new year
- Words of wisdom written for successful year
- Vietnamese in Czech Republic seek ways to preserve Vasiljev’s heritage
- Hanoi to host first dragon boat racing festival
- Phu Tho: festival dedicated to nation’s legendary mother
- Tet book fairs rake in money
- English vocalist performs in HCM City
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP