Price hikes in almost commodities fuel January’s CPI growth
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The General Statistics Office (GSO) said on January 29 that medicine and health care services recorded the strongest price rise of 1.83% while the slightest increase, 0.03%, was seen in the education group.
Only postal and telecommunication services posted a price decline of 0.09%.
The GSO attributed the strong CPI growth in January to an average electricity price hike of 6.08% on December 1, 2017, which contributed 0.06% to the overall CPI expansion.
Petrol prices were also raised on January 4 and 19, leading to a 2.65% rise in fuel prices month on month and contributing 0.11% to the CPI pace.
Meanwhile, consumption demand also surged this month as the Lunar New Year festival is nearing. Stronger demand for house repair for the approaching traditional festival also boosted prices of building materials and services, along with higher train ticket prices.
In January, persons without health insurance also suffered from a 2.34% monthly growth in health care services costs which made a 0.09% rise to the CPI.
Gold prices rose 1.69% from December and 6.7% from a year earlier while USD prices respectively declined 5.38% and 5.36%.
Core inflation in January rose 0.18% month on month and 1.18% year on year, according to the GSO.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP