President urges better public health care
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
Speaking at a meeting to celebrate the Vietnam Physician Day on February 27, the State leader praised the efforts of doctors, pharmacists and health workers in the cause of health care in the country in past years.
“The health sector has made many efforts to meet the increasing demand of public health care and protection during recent years, contributing to the country’s socio-economic development and international integration,” said he.
“The health care system from central to local levels, especially at grassroots levels, has been established and consolidated while the development of preventive medicine has helped control and eliminate many diseases and epidemics,” he added .
Medical services have been diversified while quality of service has been improved. Many modern and high-tech medical facilities were built nationwide. Many new advanced techniques were transferred to health workers at district and commune levels, easing overloads at central-level hospitals.
Quang said that the Party and Government have considered health care as one of the top priorities in the country’s development.
He suggested the health sector focus on strengthening food safety and hygiene; improving health care for mothers, children, especially ethnic and minority people; putting forward medical research and using science and technology advances for public health care and protection.
Health Minister Nguyen Thi Kim Tien said that the health sector has implemented various measures to reform financial mechanisms, improve medical service quality, reduce hospital congestion and increase patient satisfaction.
“Vaccination rates for under-one children and pregnant women in the National Expanded Programme on Immunisation have reached above 90 percent and more than 10 million children were given vaccines against transmittable diseases yearly in the country,” said Tien.
The minister said that by the end of 2016, the health insurance coverage rate hit 81.7 percent of the country’s population, exceeding the target set by the National Assembly and the Government. Many new medical facilities were built, contributing to easing hospital overloading and improving quality of medical services.
On the occasion, 134 doctors and health workers nationwide were conferred the title of People’s Physician.
- Blood donation campaign opens in Hanoi
- Three Chinese men detained for using fake ATM cards
- Vietnam's corruption ranking improves amid global stagnation: survey
- Sediment loss in Mekong River killing southern delta
- Hailstorms destroy hundreds of houses in Nghe An
- Over 96 percent of workers in Da Nang return to work after Tet
- Swiss university holds seminar on Vietnam’s economy
- The students working through Tet
- VFF leader highly evaluates role of member organisations
- US$61.6 million spent to help disadvantaged people enjoy Tet
- Gov’t offices to trim 4,000 staff this year
- Vietnam works to stop illegal fishing
- Vietnamese students in Moscow celebrate Tet
- VN students need counseling: psychologists
- Hanoi sets up team to inspect apartments
- Ministry vows to improve management of festivals
- Vietnam beats US in new 4G speed survey, ranks second in SEA
- North Vietnam set for new cold spell
- Da Nang to roll out 6 new bus routes
- Quang Tri to set up biodiversity corridors
- New hospital opens to serve IP workers in Vinh Long
- Hai Duong’s Mo Trach village of doctoral laureates honoured
- Wrongdoings in PetroVietnam’s investment in Ocean Bank to be tried next month
- VFF leader pledges to promote leaning society
- Thua Thien-Hue shifts to biodegradable seedling bags
- Made-in-Vietnam medicine use on the rise
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Plenty of job openings in HCM City
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Deputy PMs extend congratulations on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- President urges better public health care
- Vietnam, Laos youth unions forge stronger ties
- OceanBank case sent back for further investigation
- Teacher and retention recruitment crisis
- Giant dogs to take over Saigon flower street in celebration of Lunar New Year
- Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
- Jelly cubes pose choking risk in young children
- Binh Dinh to spend VND392 billion on UXO clearance
- Conference gathers int’l scientists to address pollution
- Binh Thuan cracks down on illegal sand mining
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP