President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
At a working session with officials of the two ministries and relevant offices in Hanoi on October 18, President Quang stressed that the APEC Economic Leaders’ Week is the most important event of the APEC Year 2017 with the participation of heads of state and over 10,000 delegates from 21 APEC economies as well as representatives from both domestic and foreign enterprises and press agencies.
|President Tran Dai Quang at the working session|
He noted that the regional and global political-security situations have seen complicated and unpredictable developments with a series of armed, racial and religious conflicts, terrorism activities and territorial disputes, while Southeast Asia have also witnessed new instabilities, especially those related to terrorism and sovereignty disputes.
Together with “peaceful evolution” strategies and sabotage plots by hostile forces and criminal activities, these are latent threats to security and order of the APEC Economic Leaders’ Week, he said.
The State leader asked the Ministries of National Defence and Public Security, the security-health subcommittee and localities involved to review and complete their plans to safeguard the meeting and backup schemes to deal with arising problems.
It is necessary for relevant forces, agencies and localities to coordinate closely and assign specific tasks for each unit in order to avoid being on the defensive in all circumstances, he stressed.
President Quang requested concerned forces to ensure absolute security for heads of state, heads of delegations, ministers and delegates attending the event, with the priority given to preventing terrorism, fire and explosion, and ensuring traffic safety, food safety and hygiene.
Deputy Minister of Public Security Bui Van Nam said since the end of 2016, the ministry has coordinated with other relevant agencies in ensuring security and safety for six senior officials’ meetings, six ministerial meetings and hundreds of meetings held in eight provinces and cities across the nation.
Established in 1989, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum comprises Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong (China), Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, the US and Vietnam.
- Into the game
- ‘Thac lac’ fish, a specialty and pride of Hau Giang
- More container depots planned
- Condolences to US over school shooting
- Cam Pha port handles first tonnes of coal on New Year day
- Government to allow food importers to self declare
- Vietnam supports Singapore as ASEAN Chair in 2018
- Prime Minister makes New Year visit to Da Nang
- President extends Tet greetings to Truong Sa soldiers
- Party leader heralds lunar New Year with Hanoi people
- President Tran Dai Quang extends lunar New Year greetings
- Bright prospects for fruit and veg in 2018’s high value markets
- Ninh Van Bay Travel’s losses keep mounting
- Restructuring army among major yearly tasks: Defence Minister
- Banks recruit thousands of employees in 2017
- Vietnam, Ukraine desire stronger partnership between Hanoi and Kiev
- Shipbuilding industry’s golden era over, oversupply predicted
- Government guarantees capital for HCM City metro project
- President calls for greater efforts to boost national development
- US company forms $200mln logistics joint-venture with local firm
- ASEAN, China committed to completing COC in East Sea
- Fungus farm keeps ex-soldier busy
- Party leader pays Tet visit to Hung Yen province
- HCM City’s farm production shoots up
- International support important to Vietnam’s development
- Startups seek to change game in smart agritech
- Global powerhouses to back circular economy
- Plastics export turnover to increase by 15%
- Over 1,500 tonnes of dragon fruits shipped to China via Lao Cai border gate
- The strawberry whisperer with a BA in economics
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- Government to establish agency to manage State assets
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$3.3 billion
- Vinamilk eyes US$2.24 billion in revenue in 2017
- Japanese firms seek partners in Dong Nai province
- President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
- Agroviet 2017 to gather 300 firms
- Workshop spotlights sustainable seaweed cultivation
- Quang Ninh: cross-border trade flourishes
- MoIT: Production improves, trade unbalanced
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP