Phu Tho receives UNESCO heritage of humanity certificate for Xoan Singing
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The event was attended by Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, Chairman of the National Assembly Committee for Social Affairs Nguyen Thuy Anh, Deputy Foreign Minister, Chairman of Vietnam's National UNESCO Committee Le Hoai Trung, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST) Dang Thi Bich Lien, Michael Croft, head of office and UNESCO country representative to Vietnam, among others.
Addressing the ceremony, Michael Croft expressed his delight to present the certificate, underlining that the art form is closely associated with Hung Kings worship of Vietnamese people while helping increasing mutual cultural exchanges in the community.
He congratulated the Government of Vietnam, the MoCST, Vietnam's National UNESCO, local authorities, and Xoan singing groups on their contribution to preservation of the art form.
For his part, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said Vietnam has numerous heritage honoured by UNESCO, including Xoan Singing in Phu Tho, adding that the recognition reflects the international community’s acknowledgment of the efforts made by the province and community to preserve the heritage.
Dam hailed the contributions the artisans have made to teaching and keeping Xoan Singing in the community, as well as the joint efforts made by ministries, sectors, UNESCO, and Phu Tho province over the past six years to compile a national dossier on Xoan Singing to be recognised as an intangible heritage of humanity.
On the occasion, Bui Minh Chau, Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee approved an action plan on protecting Xoan Singing in Phu Tho - the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity from 2018 – 2023.
Closely linked to the worship of Hung kings, Xoan singing is a religious practice rooted in the ancestor worship of the Vietnamese people. It is traditionally performed during the first two months of the lunar calendar in holy places such as temples, sanctuaries and communal houses.
There are three forms of Xoan singing: worship singing for the Hung kings and village guardian spirits; ritual singing for good crops, health and luck, and festival singing where villagers alternate male and female voices in a form of courtship.
The Vietnamese musical tradition was inscribed on the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding in 2011 due to declining appreciation of this tradition, notably among young people.
The performing art was transferred to the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in December 2017 in recognition for efforts by the local communities and the national authorities to reinforce the viability of Xoan singing.
- Vietnamese Gio: meat pounded to perfection
- Four Sacred Animals dance through spring festivals
- The colours and flavours of Tet
- Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognised intangible cultural heritages
- Hanoi has three more national heritage icons
- Reviving folk art becomes a passion
- Cellophane noodles are great for New Year
- Ornamental plants - indispensable part of Tet
- Tradition of making Chung cake for Tet
- Hand-written letter exhibition awakes reminicenses
- People continue to visit royally-initiated winter festival
- A stroll around Hanoi’s lively Tet markets
- Peach blossom festival in Lang Son
- Ancestors get first taste of Tet
- Five-fruit tray at traditional Lunar New Year
- Traditional Tet cakes of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Nguyen Hue Flower Street opens for Tet
- Book, flower streets open to welcome Tet
- Hanoi bustling in spring days
- Vault murals officially inaugurated
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- Project to restore golden paintings underway
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP