People love Vietnamese food in Guangxi
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The three Vietnamese PhDs: Bui Thuy Van, who majored in the economics of nationalities at Guangxi University of Nationalities, Pham Thu Ngoc, who majored in public health at Guangxi Medical University, and Nguyen Tien Manh, who specialized in economics at Guangxi University, share a passion for Vietnamese cuisine.
One of the restaurant’s founders, Bui Thuy Van, has been studying in Guangxi since she was 18. Like any Vietnamese living abroad, she missed Vietnamese food but could not find no Chinese restaurants offering authentic Vietnamese food. So she joined with her friends to open a restaurant serving Vietnamese Pho ga.
Customer feedback was so positive, they decided to expand the restaurant and offer more Vietnamese dishes.
Van told VOV: "Six months after the restaurant opened, we had customers queuing in long lines for a table. So she decided to offer more dishes, like spring rolls and rice vermicelli with grilled pork, or bun cha, all of the food we love in Vietnam. We also hired a Vietnamese chef to work for us. Feedback from Chinese customers has been very encouraging. They love our food, which they say is delicious and new to them."
28-year-old Nguyen Tien Manh recalled the original idea of opening a Vietnamese restaurant: "Vietnamese noodles and spring rolls are among the typical dishes of Vietnam that have been promoted worldwide. We wanted to introduce Vietnamese food to Chinese people who may have heard about Vietnamese food but never had a chance to visit Vietnam. This was also our way of promoting Vietnamese tourism."
Pham Thu Ngoc said, "Our top priority has always been studying. We opened this restaurant because we want to promote Vietnamese cuisine and create a place for Vietnamese students living and studying in Guangxi to get together."
A regular customer of the restaurant, Doctor Wu Rong Ke advertises its menu on a free Chinese messaging website to help the restaurant reach more Chinese customers.
"I like the subtle taste of Vietnamese food with its fresh ingredients and drinking coffee with friends instead of drinking alcohol. Vietnamese have very healthy eating and drinking habits," said Wu Rong Ke.
- Vietnamese Gio: meat pounded to perfection
- Four Sacred Animals dance through spring festivals
- The colours and flavours of Tet
- Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognised intangible cultural heritages
- Hanoi has three more national heritage icons
- Reviving folk art becomes a passion
- Cellophane noodles are great for New Year
- Ornamental plants - indispensable part of Tet
- Tradition of making Chung cake for Tet
- Hand-written letter exhibition awakes reminicenses
- People continue to visit royally-initiated winter festival
- A stroll around Hanoi’s lively Tet markets
- Peach blossom festival in Lang Son
- Ancestors get first taste of Tet
- Five-fruit tray at traditional Lunar New Year
- Traditional Tet cakes of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Nguyen Hue Flower Street opens for Tet
- Book, flower streets open to welcome Tet
- Hanoi bustling in spring days
- Vault murals officially inaugurated
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- Project to restore golden paintings underway
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP