Nguyen Hue Flower Street opens for Tet
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The opening ceremony saw the attendance of National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, former President Truong Tan Sang, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh, and Secretary of the HCM City Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan and Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong.
Speaking at the ceremony, Vice Chairwoman of the HCM City People’s Committee Nguyen Thi Thu, said: "After 15 years, Nguyen Hue Flower Street is now a familiar cultural and spiritual event for the city’s residents and local and foreign tourists during Tet."
Themed "Khat Vong Vuon Cao" (Aspiration for A Better Future), the flower street shows the city’s desire for happiness for its people, and for the city to be civilised and modern," she said.
On behalf of the city’s leaders, Thu said she hoped the residents and the country’s leaders would have happiness and success.
The 720-metre flower street has three sections: Mua Xuan Thanh Pho (Spring in HCM City), Hoi Nhap va Phat Trien (Integration and Development), and Vuon Toi Tuong Lai (Reaching to a Bright Future).
Its entrance is decorated with 2-metre dog statues modelled after the Phu Quoc dog, as well as statues of puppies with bobbing heads to celebrate the Year of the Dog.
A flower corridor, a flower waterfall, and a net with fish are also set up along the street.
More than 100 kinds of flowers, including chrysanthemums, roses, orchids, azalea, lotuses and cacti, are used in arrangements on the street.
Nguyen Hue Flower Street will be open to the public until February 19, or the fourth day of the Lunar New Year.
- First international circus gala opens in HCM City
- Vietnamese Gio: meat pounded to perfection
- Four Sacred Animals dance through spring festivals
- The colours and flavours of Tet
- Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognised intangible cultural heritages
- Hanoi has three more national heritage icons
- Reviving folk art becomes a passion
- Cellophane noodles are great for New Year
- Ornamental plants - indispensable part of Tet
- Tradition of making Chung cake for Tet
- Hand-written letter exhibition awakes reminicenses
- People continue to visit royally-initiated winter festival
- A stroll around Hanoi’s lively Tet markets
- Peach blossom festival in Lang Son
- Ancestors get first taste of Tet
- Five-fruit tray at traditional Lunar New Year
- Traditional Tet cakes of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Book, flower streets open to welcome Tet
- Hanoi bustling in spring days
- Vault murals officially inaugurated
- HCM city offers attractive activities during lunar New Year festival
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP