MoF urged to revise automobile industry laws
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
This is part of a recommendation document that MoIT sent to the finance ministry in order to revitalise domestic automobile industry in the future and reduce the import of autos.
The MoIT said that it is needed to have more measures to help local automakers cut production cost and accelerate the product’s competition capacity as well as revising policies on tax and fees.
The ministry wanted the finance ministry to exempt the import tax on materials for part and components manufacturers who invest in Vietnam, which should be in association with their commitment on long-term investment, volume of products, technology transfer and use of local labour force.
The MoIT also recommends the application of a tax payment guarantee for a period of eight months instead of the current 30 days.
The MoIT expected the finance ministry to study to amend and supplement a number of the above contents, which were proposed by Thanh Cong Group, with regard to laws on value-added tax, special consumption tax, and corporate income tax, in addition to personal income tax and natural resources protection tax.
Earlier, at the review conference of the industry and trade sector held in Hanoi on January 15, General Director of Hyundai Thanh Cong Le Ngoc Duc proposed that the MoIT, in coordination with the finance ministry, consider several recommendations as those mentioned above.
According to Duc, in order to achieve the goal of developing the automobile industry in Vietnam, the Government has issued decrees such as Decree 116 on conditions for production, assembly, import and business of warranty service, car maintenance, and Decree 125 that regulates the roadmap for import duty exemptions of parts and components for manufacturers who meet conditions such as emission standards, engine displacement capacity for the car with nine seats and less, passenger car and truck.
However, he said such privileges were not strong enough to be of significant priority for locally-assembled autos to help them compete with complete built-up units imported from ASEAN.
Under the ASEAN Free Trade Agreement (AFTA) commitments, a zero percent tax has been applied on cars imported from the bloc with a localisation rate of 40% or more in the country of origin from January 1.
A MoIT report quoted by enternews.vn showed that the price of an automobile in Vietnam is currently high in the region but its quality is lower than an imported one.
“Locally-assembled autos in Vietnam have a similar price doubling as those seen in regional countries and much higher than other countries which have a stable automobile industry such as Japan and the United States,” said the report.
"The domestic automobile industry has not yet reached the standards of the real automobile industry because most are at the level of simple assembly; the production line mainly consists of four key stages including welding, painting, assembly and inspection. There is no cooperation, linkage and specialisation between automakers and assemblers and part suppliers. There is no such system used by material suppliers and large-scale parts and components makers.
"The localisation rate of new autos is only between 7% and 10% on average (compared to the target of 40% in 2005 and 60% in 2010). Currently, locally-produced products with very low technological content are tubes, tires, chairs, mirrors, cables, plastic products and batteries," the report pointed out.
The MoIT has on numerous occasions warned that if such privileges and incentives were not approved, the domestic automobile industry would find it difficult to compete with imported cars.
- Dong Nai-based firms keep stable activities after Tet
- VinaCapital buys BSR and PV Power shares for US$45 million
- Fees, retail services to be banks’ main income
- China outstrips US to become Vietnam’s largest export market
- Site clearance for Long Thanh airport needs nearly VND23 trillion
- PM requires Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park to form startup ecosystem
- PM lauds Vietinbank, Vietcombank’s business results last year
- Viglacera builds Dong Van IV IP’s infrastructure
- Deputy PM directs improving SOEs’ efficiency
- PM lauds workers’ contributions to national development
- EVN resolved to ensure electricity supply
- PM Phuc highlights importance of Party leadership for State agencies
- PM okays ultra-thin glass project in Ninh Binh
- NA Vice Chairman: e-customs facilitate import-export activities
- Powering Vietnam’s electricity shift
- Gold shops prepare for surge on God of Wealth Day Read
- Final version of Trans-Pacific trade deal released
- PM urges prompt resumption of work following Tet holiday
- Japanese group builds auto parts factory in Thai Binh
- Vietnam sees boom in renewable energy projects
- Major infrastructure works begin in new year
- Thaco launches new agricultural machine factory
- Easy seaport procedures lauded
- Thailand, Vietnam look to stronger defence-security cooperation
- Competent agencies try to fight against adulteration of fuel
- ASEAN diplomats offer New Year greetings to Vietnam
- Gotu Kola plant earns Hue farmers a decent life
- President receives outgoing Mozambican Ambassador
- T&T gunning for strategic ownership in Vinafood 2
- PTSC to make $57 million investment aboard
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- Government to establish agency to manage State assets
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$3.3 billion
- Vinamilk eyes US$2.24 billion in revenue in 2017
- Japanese firms seek partners in Dong Nai province
- President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
- Agroviet 2017 to gather 300 firms
- Workshop spotlights sustainable seaweed cultivation
- Quang Ninh: cross-border trade flourishes
- MoIT: Production improves, trade unbalanced
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP