Market to bode well for coffee export
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), ending inventories of global coffee will reduce by 2.76 million bags in 2017-18 to about 29.27 million bags, the lowest level since 2011-12. The figures for Vietnam were 70,000 and 1.11 million bags.
The USDA was positive about Vietnam’s coffee production, saying the country would produce a record crop in 2017-18 at 29.9 million bags, up from the body’s prior estimate at 28.6 million bags and from 26.7 million bags in 2016-17. Vietnam forecasted its own yield at between 26 and 26.5 million bags.
Do Ha Nam, deputy head of the Vietnam Coffee & Cocoa Association, said coffee market demand and prices are stable.
Nam added that domestic producers are keeping their goods in stock in hope of higher prices, while foreign companies are yet to intensify transactions due to slow business.
In the first month of 2018, Vietnam was estimated to sell 173,438 tonnes of coffee overseas for US$338 million. In January, the local market recorded robusta prices growing 0.8% from the previous month to hit US$1,644 per tonne.
The marginal increase was attributed to the significant amount of 2017’s ending stocks, which was a result of reduced export volume. Last year, coffee export quantity stayed at 1.4 million tonnes, an annual decrease of 19%.
The year saw the average price for coffee exports reaching US$2,249 per tonne, up 20.1% year on year. As such, despite lower quantity, export value was at US$3.2 billion, down just 2.7% annually.
Vietnam’s coffee exports to major markets experienced huge reductions in 2017 compared to 2016. In recent months, as harvesting season began, the exports have been bounced back in the EU, Russia, Algeria and the Philippines.
According to the International Coffee Organisation, global supply would be better in the last half of 2018 and coffee prices were less likely to drop in the short term as the world’s two biggest growers Brazil and Vietnam both saw consecutive export volume decreases in past months.
- European food brands hungry for business in Vietnam
- Thousands of Japanese goods to enjoy zero percent tariff in 2018
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed US$3 billion in January
- January trade value surges year on year
- Petrol imports climb 3.5% in January
- Dong Nai’s export turnover enjoys surge in January
- Post harvest losses hinder Vietnam’s exports
- Commercial arbitration improves dispute resolution
- Ministry clarifies decree on imported autos
- Demand for beef up in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s steel export enjoys 34% growth
- RoK’s imports of Vietnamese farm produce soars after 2015 FTA
- Exports to Southeast Asia forecast to keep upward trend
- Vietnam is world’s second largest shoes exporter
- Vietnam capitalizes on FTAs
- Milk and dairy imports inch up by nearly 1.6%
- Vietnam growing as export destination for Republic of Korea
- Phu Tho province looks to boost exports
- Vietnam runs US$5.9 billion trade deficit with SEA region
- Fisheries sector aims for US$9 billion export value in 2018
- Auspicious start for Vietnamese seafood exports to EU
- Viet Tien garment firm targets US$1 billion in exports by 2020
- Vietnam, India eye greater trade in paper products
- Market to bode well for coffee export
- Positive signs promise good year for rice export
- Vietnam's paper imports up last year
- Hanoi’s export value up 24% in January
- Conference promotes Cuba trade
- Cashew sector earns low profits in global value chain
- US tariffs to wash out local imports
- Bright prospects for steel firms despite challenges
- Japanese firm wants to join Vietnam’s tea industry
- Development fund offers financial aid to SMEs
- Annual packaging industry exhibition this month
- Long road ahead for entrepreneurs
- Second Vietnam motor show to be held in Hanoi
- Vietbuild 2017 kicks off in Hanoi
- Airlines face turbulent airport charge hikes in Vietnam
- Son La mangoes irradiated for export to Australia
- Energy labels made compulsory for certain equipment, vehicles
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP