Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
|Korean goods are displayed in Vietnamese supermarkets. (Photo foody.vn)|
The Government recently issued Decree No149/2017/NĐ-CP, which regulates a new special preferential import tariff, as agreed upon in the VKFTA, and to be put in place between 2018 and 2022.
Under the decree, import taxes imposed on 704 types of products imported from the RoK to Vietnam, will be eliminated in 2018.
The groups of commodities that will enjoy tax exemptions this year are mainly in seafood, wheat flour, confectionery, diesel fuel, jet fuel, paint, laundry detergent, plastic, iron and steel products, power machinery and equipment, and electronic products.
In 2018, an additional 653 products imported from the RoK will also have their tax rates lowered from last year.
The preferential tax rates will be applied to commodities directly transported from the RoK to Vietnam. The goods must also meet origin regulations, as stated in the agreement, and exporters must provide certificates of origin in a form stipulated by the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade.
In 2018, Vietnam has set several new preferential import tariffs to implement bilateral and multilateral FTAs with partner countries and territories, such as mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, and the RoK.
Under the Vietnam-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (VJEPA) and the ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (AJCEP) for 2016-19, nearly 4,000 import tariff lines for many groups of commodities imported from Japan will be also eliminated in 2018.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- iPhone X orders weak globally, but strong in Vietnam
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP