Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
Once the deal is completed, JD will become one of the biggest investors of Tiki. JD declined to reveal the investment capital it pledged to inject into Tiki, but Tiki said it has raised US$50 million which will be used to expand business.
The latest investment deal made by the second largest Chinese e-commerce firm and the world’s third largest shows that cutthroat competition in the Vietnamese e-commerce market.
Winston Cheng from JD said that it will provide high-quality distinctive services to Vietnamese suppliers and consumers because of its professionalism in promoting social media in the field of e-commerce, and partnership between Tiki and VNG in social networks and mobile payments.
An analyst said the decision by JD to invest in Tiki shows that Vietnam is an attractive market in the eyes of Chinese e-commerce firms.
Alibaba, the largest e-commerce firm owned by Jack Ma, began in Vietnam in April 2016 after the takeover of Lazada.
Shopee, a rising star in the Vietnamese market, is also a Chinese invested firm. Its head office is located in Singapore, but like Lazada, Shopee’s largest shareholder, which holds 40% of shares, is Tencent, a Chinese technology conglomerate.
As such, all three of the biggest Chinese technology and e-commerce groups have arrived in Vietnam Vietnam through M&A, the quickest way to cement positions in the field.
Alibaba’s Jack Ma visited Vietnam last year and spoke about how he built the Chinese e-commerce market.
Shopee also shows its powerful resources and determination to conquer the Vietnamese market through a series of ad campaigns.
As for Tiki, analysts believe JD will not only pour money into Tiki, but also use its experience learned from the Chinese market to help Tiki develop.
According to Google, Lazada, Shopee and Tiki are three out of the four most searched e-commerce websites in Vietnam.
Vietnam has many e-commerce websites, namely FPT’s Sendo, Vingroup’s Adayroi and The Gioi Di Dong’s Vuivui.
There are also firms from the Republic of Korea (Lotte) and Japan (Aeon). However, Le Thiet Bao, an e-commerce firm, said the three Chinese invested firms will be major players in the market.
The report “The Future of E-commerce in FMCG” (fast moving consumer goods) by Kantar Worldpanel Vietnam e-commerce, although small, is among the fastest growing globally.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- iPhone X orders weak globally, but strong in Vietnam
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP