Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The visit, made at the invitation of President Tran Dai Quang and his spouse, takes place at a time when the two countries’ extensive strategic partnership for peace and prosperity in Asia is growing across sectors.
Emperor Akihito always supports Japanese royal members to increase exchange with Vietnam. He and Empress Michiko have many times expressed their desires to visit Vietnam.
Having a great passion for freshwater fish, Emperor Akihito discovered a new species of goby fish in a Can Tho river tributary in Vietnam’s Mekong delta while conducting a research for his doctoral thesis on fish in the south of Vietnam in the 1970s.
In 1974, he presented a specimen of this species of goby to the biology museum under Hanoi University of Natural Science.
Vietnam-Japan relations have enjoyed sound cooperation in economy, politics and cultural exchange and understanding and trust between the two peoples have been reinforced since the two countries established their diplomatic ties on September 21 in 1973.
|Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko (Photo: Kyodo/VNA)|
Japan continuously remains Vietnam’s leading economic partner. It is the biggest provider of Official Development Assistance (ODA) for Vietnam and ranks second in foreign investment with a total registered capital of US$42 billion, accounting for 15% of total foreign direct investment poured into the country.
With nearly 700,000 Japanese visitors to Vietnam in 2016, Japan became Vietnam’s third largest tourism partner. Both signed a joint statement on tourism cooperation in April, 2005, helping lure more Japanese holiday-makers to Vietnam.
Japan has launched in a number of projects helping Vietnam preserve and restore traditional houses in northern, central and southern regions. The Japanese Government started its support for conserving the Thang Long imperial citadel in Hanoi in 2004. Many Japanese archeological experts have taken part in inspection, excavation and research activities in Vietnam.
The two sides have also promoted people-to-people exchanges through the organization of exhibitions, film festivals and other cultural events.
Japan is also a leading provider of non-refundable aid for Vietnam’s education. By 2016, about 60,000 Vietnamese students have pursued their study in the East Asian country.
In addition, Vietnam and Japan have collaborated in such spheres as agriculture, climate change response and labour.
Twining relations have been set up between HCM City and Osaka (in 2007), Da Nang and Sakai (in 2009), Hanoi and Fukuoka (in 2013), Da Nang and Yokohama (2013), HCM City and Yokohama (in 2013), Dong Nai and Hyogo (in 2013), Ba Ria-Vung Tau and Kawasaki (in 2013), Phu Tho and Nara (in 2014), Hue and Kyoto (in 2014), Hung Yen and Kanagawa (in 2015), Hai Phong and Niigata (in 2015) and Nam Dinh and Miyazaki (in 2015).
- Party leader welcomes outgoing Chinese ambassador
- Vietnam, China Party leaders exchange New Year greetings
- HCM City leader thanks US veterans for boosting ties with Vietnam
- Cambodia’s friendship order to Vietnamese individuals, organisations
- HCM City, Netherlands boost cooperation in flood prevention
- VUFO leader receives Argentine cultural official
- Defence minister receives Chinese ambassador
- NA leaders hosts outgoing Chinese Ambassador
- Chinese Ambassador says goodbye to State leader
- Vietnam attends ADMM Retreat in Singapore
- Vietnam backs establishment of resilient, innovative ASEAN
- Lao media highlight Vietnam-Laos intergovernmental meeting’s outcomes
- Government leader hosts outgoing Chinese Ambassador
- Vietnam, China review bilateral ties
- Get-together marks 45 years of Vietnam-Australia ties
- Vietnam NA presents gift to Cambodian Senate
- Hanoi hopes to further ties with Mozambique
- Singapore vows to back Vietnam in transforming industries
- Vietnam’s senior officer meets defence ministers of Singapore, China
- Vietnam attends ASEAN meetings in Singapore
- Vietnamese expats contribute to thriving Vietnam-Australia ties
- Congratulation to new Nepalese Prime Minister
- Thailand, Vietnam look to stronger defence-security cooperation
- ASEAN diplomats offer New Year greetings to Vietnam
- President receives outgoing Mozambican Ambassador
- Equatorial Guinea keen on expanding ties with Vietnam
- International support important to Vietnam’s development
- Congratulation to Bangladesh on founding anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Vietnam’s Friendship Order bestowed upon Chinese Ambassador
- Vietnam aspires to bolster stronger cooperation with France
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- NA Chairwoman pledges further ties with Myanmar
- Vietnam and Myanmar military leaders meet in Hanoi
- Hungary’s National Day marked in Ho Chi Minh City
- Deputy PM hopes for stronger Vietnam-Nepal cooperation
- Vietnam, Israel optimise cooperation potential
- Vietnam, Cuba share legislative experience
- HCM City, US locality deepen relations
- Singapore Prime Minister to visit Vietnam
- Israeli President’s Vietnam visit to cement bilateral ties
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP