iPhone X orders weak globally, but strong in Vietnam
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
JP Morgan commented that high-end smartphones are hitting a plateau this year, while an expert from Wall Street said the sales of pricey smartphones have dropped because of the saturation in the smartphone market.
In Vietnam, iPhone X is in high demand and sales are going very well. In many cases, buyers cannot get deliveries promptly, but have to place orders and receive them later.
Genuine iPhone X products have been available in Vietnam since December 8, 2017.
The owner of a mobile phone shop on Thai Ha street in Hanoi confirmed that iPhone X is among the three bestsellers in the last three months despite its high price.
“In general, all Apple’s products are welcomed by Vietnamese,” he said, adding that Apple’s iPhone means ‘good’ and ‘expensive’.
The iPhone X with white cover is the best seller at his shop. He mostly sells products carried to Vietnam across the border gates, priced at around VND25 million.
However, he admitted that the sales of iPhone X have not been ‘as high as expected’. “This is because Apple has launched iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus as well.”
“In other words, the demand for Apple’s products is still high, but there are more models for choice, and the demand for each model is falling,” he said.
A representative of FPT Shop, one of the two largest distributors of genuine Apple’s products, confirmed that iPhone X is now in short supply.
“The products are sold as soon as they arrive in Vietnam,” he said.
The price is VND30 million. Finance companies are inviting people to borrow money, while retailers offer sale by installments with interest rate of zero percent and mobile network operators offer preferential service packages.
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plux are failing to attract customers in Vietnam, with most interest being shown in iPhone X.
The Gioi Di Dong and FPT Shop, the two largest distribution chains had to run sales promotion programs in late 2017 to boost sales. Instead of paying VND20.9 million and VND23.9 million for iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, respectively, buyers were given a voucher worth VND1 million.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP