Hanoi targets 7.5%-8% export growth in 2018
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The capital city raked in US$1.04 billion from exports in January, up 24 percent from the same period last year.
The revenue included US$139 million contributed by the State sector (up 9.8%), US$352 million from the non-State sector (up 16.6%), and US$556 million from FDI firms (up 33.6%), according to the municipal Department of Industry and Trade.
All key groups of commodities posted strong year-on-year export growth in January such as agricultural products (13.6%), computer components and peripheral devices (68.1%), transport vehicles and spare parts (12.7%), machinery and spare parts (21.8%), glass and glass products (25%).
However, the sale of agricultural products to China is facing obstacles since this market is tightening plant quarantine. It has also encountered strict quality and food safety requirements from the US, the EU and Japan.
Meanwhile, Hanoi’s export still depends on FDI companies which dominate the production of processed and manufactured products with high added value.
Nguyen Gia Phuong, Director of the Hanoi Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Agency, said to help businesses expand the export market and advertise their products, the agency has continually organised overseas promotion campaigns, especially the countries that Vietnam has inked free trade agreements with.
It has also worked to receive foreign business delegations so as to help local craft villages and companies to seek partners, he added.
Nguyen Thanh Hai, Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade, noted the department and the Hanoi People’s Committee will support enterprises in terms of access to loans and markets, increase trade promotion in such markets as Japan, China, Hong Kong (China), and Germany, help local companies to diversify export markets.
The department also plans to push ahead with administrative reforms, abolish unnecessary business conditions, and improve online public services, Hai said, adding that Hanoi will pay attention to promoting products’ competitiveness, investment effectiveness, and businesses’ engagement in global value chains.
- Dong Nai-based firms keep stable activities after Tet
- VinaCapital buys BSR and PV Power shares for US$45 million
- Fees, retail services to be banks’ main income
- China outstrips US to become Vietnam’s largest export market
- Site clearance for Long Thanh airport needs nearly VND23 trillion
- PM requires Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park to form startup ecosystem
- PM lauds Vietinbank, Vietcombank’s business results last year
- Viglacera builds Dong Van IV IP’s infrastructure
- Deputy PM directs improving SOEs’ efficiency
- PM lauds workers’ contributions to national development
- EVN resolved to ensure electricity supply
- PM Phuc highlights importance of Party leadership for State agencies
- PM okays ultra-thin glass project in Ninh Binh
- NA Vice Chairman: e-customs facilitate import-export activities
- Powering Vietnam’s electricity shift
- Gold shops prepare for surge on God of Wealth Day Read
- Final version of Trans-Pacific trade deal released
- PM urges prompt resumption of work following Tet holiday
- Japanese group builds auto parts factory in Thai Binh
- Vietnam sees boom in renewable energy projects
- Major infrastructure works begin in new year
- Thaco launches new agricultural machine factory
- Easy seaport procedures lauded
- Thailand, Vietnam look to stronger defence-security cooperation
- Competent agencies try to fight against adulteration of fuel
- ASEAN diplomats offer New Year greetings to Vietnam
- Gotu Kola plant earns Hue farmers a decent life
- President receives outgoing Mozambican Ambassador
- T&T gunning for strategic ownership in Vinafood 2
- PTSC to make $57 million investment aboard
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- Government to establish agency to manage State assets
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$3.3 billion
- Vinamilk eyes US$2.24 billion in revenue in 2017
- Japanese firms seek partners in Dong Nai province
- President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
- Agroviet 2017 to gather 300 firms
- Workshop spotlights sustainable seaweed cultivation
- Quang Ninh: cross-border trade flourishes
- MoIT: Production improves, trade unbalanced
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP