Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
All information relating to car parks will be available online, and car owners will be able to find and book parking spaces in advance on devices such as smart phones and tablets.
The ‘smart technology’ behind the system will enable vehicle owners to park their cars without help from parking staff. A parking sensor will be installed on the roads or in speed bumps to automatically measure the cars’ size and parking time in order to determine the parking fee. Parking staff will then be able to collect the fees from car owners.
The company will pilot the project at two car parking zones, including one on Tran Nhat Duat in Hoan Kiem District or Nguyen Cong Hoan Street in Ba Dinh District, and one on Tran Hung Dao Street.
The company was asked to study and develop the plan last September, with the aim of using computers to improve traffic management, ultimately turning Hanoi into a smart city.
Deputy Director of the company, Pham Van Duc, told Kinh te & Do thi (Economy and Urban Areas) that the project is expected to improve the efficiency of State management over parking areas and benefit local residents.
Car parking in Hanoi suffers from significant confusion at present, causing difficulties for traffic management. Car owners often struggle to find suitable parking spaces, and have to pay high fees, he said.
With the new technology, all public parking zones will be automated, from parking times to fee collection, improving conditions for car owners and management efficiency, he said.
However, he said, the project implementation would encounter some challenges. Each parking area is granted permission to operate for between three and six months, while it would cost between VND50-60 million (US$2,200-2,600) to invest in the new technology, excluding land leasing fees for the parking areas.
“If each parking area is not permitted to operate for a longer period, a minimum of five years, it will be difficult for the company to recover their investment capital,” he said.
Also, at present, there is no authorised agency in charge of managing all parking zones in the city. Parking areas are currently managed by different agencies. For example, some parking areas are managed by the municipal Department of Transport while some are managed by authorities of local districts.
The company will review the project and report on its implementation to city authorities, who will determine whether it’s worth continuing, he said.
- Over 96 percent of workers in Da Nang return to work after Tet
- Swiss university holds seminar on Vietnam’s economy
- The students working through Tet
- VFF leader highly evaluates role of member organisations
- US$61.6 million spent to help disadvantaged people enjoy Tet
- Gov’t offices to trim 4,000 staff this year
- Vietnam works to stop illegal fishing
- Vietnamese students in Moscow celebrate Tet
- VN students need counseling: psychologists
- Hanoi sets up team to inspect apartments
- Ministry vows to improve management of festivals
- Vietnam beats US in new 4G speed survey, ranks second in SEA
- North Vietnam set for new cold spell
- Da Nang to roll out 6 new bus routes
- Quang Tri to set up biodiversity corridors
- Vietnamese bamboo species conserved in Dong Thap province
- 170 Vietnamese websites attacked during Lunar New Year
- Russia calls on Vietnam to participate in peace projects
- Vietnam targets to send 110,000 workers abroad
- ADB announces winners of instagram photo contest
- Made-in-Vietnam medicine use on the rise
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Plenty of job openings in HCM City
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Deputy PMs extend congratulations on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- Quang Tri teachers encourage pupils with lucky money to go to school
- Farmers struggle to treat pig waste
- Hospitals with financial autonomy need more funds
- Binh Duong: firms need over 20,000 labourers in early 2018
- Blood donation campaign opens in Hanoi
- President urges better public health care
- Vietnam, Laos youth unions forge stronger ties
- OceanBank case sent back for further investigation
- Teacher and retention recruitment crisis
- Giant dogs to take over Saigon flower street in celebration of Lunar New Year
- Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
- Jelly cubes pose choking risk in young children
- Binh Dinh to spend VND392 billion on UXO clearance
- Conference gathers int’l scientists to address pollution
- Binh Thuan cracks down on illegal sand mining
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP