Hanoi bustling in spring days
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The near-Tet atmosphere can be felt on every street. People are more friendly, easy-going and relaxed. For every Vietnamese, Tet triggers special emotions and memories.
Dao Thi Huong Lan, 50, a resident at Dong Da district, said she feels indescribably thrilled every time the festival comes.
Flower markets are popular destinations for Hanoi people ahead of the festival. They come to enjoy the atmosphere and buy Tet flowers and bonsai trees, particularly peach blossoms and kumquat.
Hang Luoc flower market in the Hang Luoc – Hang Ma – Hang Ruoi – Hang Khoai crossroad in Hoan Kiem district is a well-known destination. In old days, farmers from the flower-growing areas of Ngoc Ha, Tu Lien, Nghi Tam, Nhat Tan and Quang Ba wards brought their flowers and plants to sell in the market on the occasion of Tet. Nowadays, Tet flowers are sold all across Hanoi, however, many Hanoi people still go to the traditional market to buy flowers and enjoy the atmosphere.
Buoi – Hoang Hoa Tham plant market is also filled with a wide variety of flowers and is busy from dawn to dusk. Hanoi’s biggest flower-growing areas, Quang An and Nhat Tan wards also draw crowds of visitors and buyers. Tet flowers are also sold along Au Co and Lac Long Quan streets in Tay Ho district.
To celebrate the Year of the Dog, numerous art shows are being organised across the capital city, creating a festive and joyful atmosphere while preserving the traditional culture.
Tet celebrations are being held in the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, a UNESCO-recognised World Heritage Site, the Old Quarter and So communal house in Quoc Oai district. The events feature traditional culture, such as traditional family Tet spaces, the alter space during Tet festival, making Chung cakes (square glutinous rice cakes) and folk games.|
Hoan Kiem Lake sparkles at night with flowers and lights. So do Thanh Nien, Phan Dinh Phung, Dien Bien Phu, Trang Tien, Trang Thi, Ba Trieu, Hai Ba Trung, Ngo Quyen, Dinh Tien Hoang and Le Thai To streets.
Tran Quoc Chiem, Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Culture and Sports, said panels welcoming the occasion have been installed in the suburban areas of Phu Xuyen, Xuan Mai, Ninh Hiep and Duong Xa, as well as in central Hanoi.
On the Kitchen God day (the 23rd day of the 12th month or February 8), the Thang Long – Hanoi Cultural Heritage Conservation Centre erected Cay Neu (a tall bamboo tree with decorations used to ward off evil spirits during Tet), an old practice during Tet festival.
Tran Viet Anh, Director of the Centre, said the activity aims to promote traditional cultural values.
On February 9, (the 24th of the 12th month), the 2018 Spring Calligraphy Festival was held at the Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam (Temple of Literature) in Hanoi to honour ancient calligraphy, drawing thousands of visitors, said Anh.
- Vietnam’s impression in Australian cuisine
- Bulgaria Rose Festival to take place in Hanoi next month
- Anniversary of Hai Ba Trung Uprising marked in Hanoi
- Bac Ninh to host love duet singing festival
- Spring festival to honour national ethnic cultures
- Numerous festivals kick off amid Tet atmosphere
- French photographer to build Co Tu museum in Quang Nam
- Ngan Anh to strut Los Angeles catwalk
- Quang Ninh province to go vibrant with Yen Tu spring festival
- HCM city offers attractive activities during lunar New Year festival
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- Project to restore golden paintings underway
- Khai but ceremony held to remember renowned teacher
- Hai Duong: Inscriptions carved on cliff recognised as national treasure
- Tay minority in Tuyen Quang celebrates Long Tong festival
- Vietnam Poetry Day 2018 to feature various activities
- Fireworks festival set to light up Danang skies for 2 months
- Over 100 artisans join Gia Lai ethnic festival
- Thua Thien-Hue holds wrestling bout to warm up new year
- Words of wisdom written for successful year
- Vietnamese in Czech Republic seek ways to preserve Vasiljev’s heritage
- Hanoi to host first dragon boat racing festival
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP