Free entry to Hue imperial relic site during Tet
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
A number of royal activities under the Nguyen dynasty (1802-1945) will be held such as ‘bai vu’ – a folk game often played on the full moon night or in the first day of the year to find good luck, ‘xam huong’ (players throw dices to take slabs carved with red Chinese characters in corresponding to degrees of a former examination system), poetry response, and calligraphy.
The illumination of ‘Ky dai Hue’ (Flag Tower) and the experience of paintball game, which were opened to visitors from February 12 night, were definitely a highlight of the Tet celebration at the imperial relic site.
Earlier, the centre re-enacted a ceremony to plant a Neu pole at the citadel on February 8 and held various royal rituals in addition to art and culture activities such as wrapping Chung cake (a traditional cake made from glutinous rice dedicated to Lunar New Year), music performances, calligraphy, and folk games.
The ancient imperial city of Hue in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue was recognised as an ASEAN Clean Tourist City at the ASEAN Travel Forum and Travex International Tourism Trade Fair in Thailand at the end of January.
In 2018, Thua Thien-Hue strives to welcome about 4-4.2 million tourists, a year-on-year rise of 10%, with 40-45% being international vacationers. Tourism revenues are projected to increase 15% to reach VND4-4.2 trillion (US$175.2 – 183.5 million).
This year, the Hue Monuments Conservation Centre will continue promoting the tour “Hue – one destination, five heritage elements”, including Hue imperial relic complex, “Nha nhac” (Hue royal court music), woodblocks and imperial records of the Nguyen Dynasty (1802 – 1945), Han (Chinese scripts) poetry inscribed on the Hue royal architecture, which were recognised by UNESCO as world heritage items.
In the first month of 2018, the centre welcomed 302,000 visitors, including 262,000 international holidaymakers, showing a year-on-year rise of over 30%.
During the first three days of the Lunar New Year 2018, the centre is expected to serve more than 30,000 visitors with over 80% being foreigners.
- Ringing in the New Year in Saigon pagoda
- Thousands queue for blessings in calligraphy at Vietnam's first university
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux split: statement
- Fireworks light up the sky as Vietnam welcomes Lunar New Year
- Air passengers surge during Tet festival
- Hanoi charges $66 for a peep of Lunar New Year fireworks
- The hard workers behind your glamorous Tet blossoms
- Lunar New Year shines across Asia
- Vietnam vows to attract 15 million foreign travelers in 2018
- Vietnamese farmers' Valentine photos prove carrots are no less romantic than roses
- MOTS expects 48 billion baht in tourism-related revenue during Chinese New Year
- 170-year-old pagoda is popular tourist site in HCM City
- Overseas Vietnamese celebrate Lunar New Year thousands miles from home
- Phu Van village harvests flowers for Tet
- Mind the gap: North's 'army of beauties' reveal cultural divide at Winter Olympics
- Two destinations in Vietnam rated among the best places in SEA
- Foreign tourists flock to Nha Trang to celebrate Tet
- Hanoi to open walking streets to vehicles during Tet
- Floating market carries Tet spirit in Vietnam’s rural south
- Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific lay on extra flights for Tet travellers
- Mong man turns home into business
- Almost 375,000 tourists visit Hanoi during Tet holidays
- A travel through time: Old photos of Tet in Hanoi ninety years ago
- One day at Muong Culture Space Museum
- Bai Xep, a village full of heroes
- Dogs in bags and boxes: Vietnamese pet owners solve long holiday headache in hilarious ways
- Five savory signature local dishes in Bac Giang province
- Vietnam looks like an entire different kingdom in these 1990s photos
- A movie a day for 60 years: cinema sustains a Berlin love
- Hai Phong–city of bridges
- Fancy one of the world’s greatest food experiences? Try Hanoi
- Hop-on Hop-off bus service introduced in Hanoi
- CNN screens promotional videos on beauty of Hanoi
- House in Saigon's narrow alley features patterned brick walls
- Three Vietnamese cities named among the most visited in the world
- #TGIF: Go out and unsuck your life this weekend
- Exploring Lai Chau cuisine
- Dai Bai Bronze Casting Village
- Hue’s Imperial City shines bright in new promo video
- Tourism growth is not just about numbers
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP