Foreigners excited at Vietnam’s traditional New Year
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
Sofia Kukkonen, 30, from Finland told the Vietnam News Agency’s reporter that she is surprised and excited at colourful streets when Tet is drawing near.
|Not only Vietnamese but foreigners who are living in the country are very eager to welcome the Lunar New Year.|
Sofia, who has been in Vietnam since August 2017 and is now working at the Vin Space Art Studio in Ho Chi Minh City, said this is the first time she has welcomed Vietnam’s traditional New Year.
Sofia said she and her friends took a stroll around streets which are now decorated with peach flowers, kumquat and home decorations to capture the Tet holiday in Vietnam, adding that the atmosphere reminds her of the New Year in her homeland.
She said she will also visit her Vietnamese friend in the northern province of Thai Binh during the festival.
“I want to fully experience Vietnam’s Lunar New Year to get inspirations for my art works,” she said.
32-year-old Luke Basford from the UK said he will travel to Phu Quoc Island in the southern province of Kien Giang to experience the Tet holiday of local islanders.
Luke, a teacher of the Vietnam-Australia School, said he had opportunities to enjoy the Tet festivals in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
He said the atmosphere of preparing for Tet in Vietnam is wonderful. He tried traditional Tet dishes in Hanoi and HCM City, which have unique tastes. This year, he hopes to see Vietnam’s stunning beaches and taste special Vietnamese food in Phu Quoc.
“I have chances to taste Vietnam’s traditional dishes during Tet, especially Banh Chung (square sticky rice cake). I am offered this dish when visiting any Vietnamese family during the festival. I like the legend behind the cake,” said Booby Webber, an Australian teacher.
Booby, who had spent two Tet festivals in Vietnam, said he will visit some of his Vietnamese friends during this year’s Tet holiday and he has prepared lucky money for the elderly and children in their families.
“This is a nice custom of Vietnamese people, demonstrating the respect for the elderly and love for children. You should preserve it,” he said.
- Over 96 percent of workers in Da Nang return to work after Tet
- Swiss university holds seminar on Vietnam’s economy
- The students working through Tet
- VFF leader highly evaluates role of member organisations
- US$61.6 million spent to help disadvantaged people enjoy Tet
- Gov’t offices to trim 4,000 staff this year
- Vietnam works to stop illegal fishing
- Vietnamese students in Moscow celebrate Tet
- VN students need counseling: psychologists
- Hanoi sets up team to inspect apartments
- Ministry vows to improve management of festivals
- Vietnam beats US in new 4G speed survey, ranks second in SEA
- North Vietnam set for new cold spell
- Da Nang to roll out 6 new bus routes
- Quang Tri to set up biodiversity corridors
- Vietnamese bamboo species conserved in Dong Thap province
- 170 Vietnamese websites attacked during Lunar New Year
- Russia calls on Vietnam to participate in peace projects
- Vietnam targets to send 110,000 workers abroad
- ADB announces winners of instagram photo contest
- Made-in-Vietnam medicine use on the rise
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Plenty of job openings in HCM City
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Deputy PMs extend congratulations on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- Quang Tri teachers encourage pupils with lucky money to go to school
- Farmers struggle to treat pig waste
- Hospitals with financial autonomy need more funds
- Binh Duong: firms need over 20,000 labourers in early 2018
- Blood donation campaign opens in Hanoi
- President urges better public health care
- Vietnam, Laos youth unions forge stronger ties
- OceanBank case sent back for further investigation
- Teacher and retention recruitment crisis
- Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
- Giant dogs to take over Saigon flower street in celebration of Lunar New Year
- Jelly cubes pose choking risk in young children
- Binh Dinh to spend VND392 billion on UXO clearance
- Conference gathers int’l scientists to address pollution
- Binh Thuan cracks down on illegal sand mining
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP