Exhibition on tuong art opened
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
|A painting of tuong by artist Phung Nguyen Quang at an exhibition titled Paint the Art of Tuong — Photo courtesy of the organisers|
The works were created by 140 painters and artists in theatre, movie and graphic design.
The event, Paint the Art of Tuong, was launched by the HCM City Theatre Association and its partners. It has attracted young actors and theatre painters such as Meritorious Artist Huu Danh, Huynh Kim Lien, Nhut Nguyen and Pham Quang Phuc.
A talk show on tuong hosted by veteran artists of the HCM City Theatre of Hat Boi Art will be organised every night during the event.
Famous traditional plays such as Ho Nguyet Co Hoa Cao (Nguyet Co Turning into a Fox) and San Hau (The Reign) will be staged.
Tuong developed from a folk art into a royal art in the 17th century.
Along with traditional arts such as cheo (traditional opera) in the north, cai luong (reformed opera) in the south, tuong (classical drama) has contributed to the Vietnamese spirit.
Tuong’s themes include monarchist loyalty and patriotic duty which define the play’s structure, features, language, music, colour, struggles and the personality of the characters.
The art, which consists of singing and dancing accompanied by music, is highly stylised and filled with symbolism.
The works require performers to practise diligently and wear costumes sometimes weighing up to 10 kilos.
The performers use their entire body, from the fingers and elbows to all of the muscles to perform movements on stage. They must have a strong voice to sing and dance at the same time and express emotions of each character.
The exhibition is open from 10am to 9pm at 190 Hong Bang Street in District 5. It will close on February 10.
- Vietnamese Gio: meat pounded to perfection
- Four Sacred Animals dance through spring festivals
- The colours and flavours of Tet
- Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognised intangible cultural heritages
- Hanoi has three more national heritage icons
- Reviving folk art becomes a passion
- Cellophane noodles are great for New Year
- Ornamental plants - indispensable part of Tet
- Tradition of making Chung cake for Tet
- Hand-written letter exhibition awakes reminicenses
- People continue to visit royally-initiated winter festival
- A stroll around Hanoi’s lively Tet markets
- Peach blossom festival in Lang Son
- Ancestors get first taste of Tet
- Five-fruit tray at traditional Lunar New Year
- Traditional Tet cakes of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Nguyen Hue Flower Street opens for Tet
- Book, flower streets open to welcome Tet
- Hanoi bustling in spring days
- Vault murals officially inaugurated
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- Project to restore golden paintings underway
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP