Confectionery products hold their own against foreign rivals
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
|At Ben Thanh Market, traditional candied lotus, coconut, squash, soursop, and sweet potato from local brands such as Bao Hien Rong Vang, Bao Minh and Thai Huong are popular. — Photo: thanhnien.vn)|
Wholesale markets of Ben Thanh, An Dong, Tan Dinh and Binh Tay are offering traditional candied lotus, coconuts, squash, soursop and sweet potatos from local brands such as Bao Hien Rong Vang, Bao Minh, and Thai Huong.
Most are competitively priced at VND150,000-200,000 (US$6.6-8.8) per kilogramme.
Phung Thi Mai, who owns a stall at Binh Tay Market in District 6, said though confectionery imported from Thailand, Australia and the US are selling well, customers like Vietnamese products such as sunflower seeds, cashews and pistachio nuts.
Sunflower seeds cost VND120,000-140,000 (US$5.3-6.2) per kilogram, while cashew and pistachio nuts are priced from VND350,000 – 400,000 (US$15.4-17.6).
According to Mai, 70% of confectionery products in Binh Tay market are from Vietnamese manufacturers.
In big supermarkets such as BigC and Coopmart, traditional jams by local brands such as Huong Viet and Golden Farm are popular.
They are offered at affordable prices, such as VND100,000-190,000 (US$4.4-8.4) for a kilogram.
Nguyen Thanh Mai from District 10 said in previous years, she had bought imported products from the whole markets. But this year, she chose products from famous Vietnamese brands in the supermarket to ensure quality.
“Confectionery by big brands like Kinh Do, Hai Ha and Bibica are packed in colourful tin boxes and sold at reasonable prices,” she said.
The demand for organic rice, vegetables and fruits spike on this occasion as well.
Famous organic farms such as Nong Gia Mien Tay and Hello Rice produce their sweets made from organic fruits to serve the market in Tet.
The candied fruits are priced from VND50,000-80,000 (US$2.2-3.5) per package of 350 grams.
This year’s market also sees the popularity of mushroom floss made from organic mushrooms.
Although priced at VND1.2 million (US$53) per kilogram, it has sold like hotcakes.
Phan Van Hiep, who lives in District 11, said: “Today people love clean food to ensure their health. I choose organic products from prestigious manufacturers to prepare for Tet.”
- Dong Nai-based firms keep stable activities after Tet
- VinaCapital buys BSR and PV Power shares for US$45 million
- Fees, retail services to be banks’ main income
- China outstrips US to become Vietnam’s largest export market
- Site clearance for Long Thanh airport needs nearly VND23 trillion
- PM requires Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park to form startup ecosystem
- PM lauds Vietinbank, Vietcombank’s business results last year
- Viglacera builds Dong Van IV IP’s infrastructure
- Deputy PM directs improving SOEs’ efficiency
- PM lauds workers’ contributions to national development
- EVN resolved to ensure electricity supply
- PM Phuc highlights importance of Party leadership for State agencies
- PM okays ultra-thin glass project in Ninh Binh
- NA Vice Chairman: e-customs facilitate import-export activities
- Powering Vietnam’s electricity shift
- Gold shops prepare for surge on God of Wealth Day Read
- Final version of Trans-Pacific trade deal released
- PM urges prompt resumption of work following Tet holiday
- Japanese group builds auto parts factory in Thai Binh
- Vietnam sees boom in renewable energy projects
- Major infrastructure works begin in new year
- Thaco launches new agricultural machine factory
- Easy seaport procedures lauded
- Thailand, Vietnam look to stronger defence-security cooperation
- Competent agencies try to fight against adulteration of fuel
- ASEAN diplomats offer New Year greetings to Vietnam
- Gotu Kola plant earns Hue farmers a decent life
- President receives outgoing Mozambican Ambassador
- T&T gunning for strategic ownership in Vinafood 2
- PTSC to make $57 million investment aboard
- Japanese Emperor’s Vietnam visit lifts up bilateral relations
- Government to establish agency to manage State assets
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$3.3 billion
- Vinamilk eyes US$2.24 billion in revenue in 2017
- Japanese firms seek partners in Dong Nai province
- President requests absolute security for APEC 2017 events
- Agroviet 2017 to gather 300 firms
- Workshop spotlights sustainable seaweed cultivation
- Quang Ninh: cross-border trade flourishes
- MoIT: Production improves, trade unbalanced
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP