Authorities take measures to reduce traffic jams during Tet
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
The Vietnam Expressway Services Engineering (VECE) said the HCM City – Long Thanh – Dau Giay Expressway is expected to serve an average volume of 50,479 vehicles per day this year, and up to 64,940 vehicles per day during peak hours during Tet.
Traffic hotspots include the intersection of Ring Road No 2 in District 9; Long Thanh Bridge which links HCM City with Dong Nai Province; Long Phuoc and Dau Giay toll stations and toll station No 51; and the intersection at National Highway No 51 and HCM City – Long Thanh – Dau Giay Expressway.
If congestion occurs on Ring Road 2, drivers should go straight to the An Phu intersection, authorities have recommended.
If traffic congestion extends over 500m at Long Phuoc and Dau Giay toll stations, VECE will divert traffic flows to An Phu, Ring Road 2, National Highway No 51 and Dau Giay intersections, avoiding the expressway.
Ngo Ba Thang, director of the Yen Khanh company’s branch office, which manages the HCM City–Trung Luong Expressway, said the volume of traffic on the expressway would increase up to 45,000 vehicles per day during Tet against 35,000 vehicles, mostly cars, on normal days.
He said two additional toll collection lanes that use both cash and pre-paid cards have been opened on the expressway, while more toll booths that collect cash only have opened as well.
If accidents occur, authorities should direct traffic off the expressway and toward National Highway 1, Thang said.
On February 11, tens of thousands of vehicles from HCM City heading to provinces in the Mekong Delta crowded National Highway 1A and many other roads.
Rach Mieu Bridge’s Toll Station saw 17,000 vehicles per day, up more than 3,000 vehicles compared to normal days.
According to the transport sector’s forecast, National Highway 1A will be busy until February 15 (the last day of the lunar year) from HCM City to the Mekong Delta region.
Traffic jams often occur in specific spots such as sections and intersections on National Highway 1A, National Highway No 50, HCM City-Trung Luong Expressway, as well as Rach Mieu and My Thuan bridges and many small bridges.
- Over 96 percent of workers in Da Nang return to work after Tet
- Swiss university holds seminar on Vietnam’s economy
- The students working through Tet
- VFF leader highly evaluates role of member organisations
- US$61.6 million spent to help disadvantaged people enjoy Tet
- Gov’t offices to trim 4,000 staff this year
- Vietnam works to stop illegal fishing
- Vietnamese students in Moscow celebrate Tet
- VN students need counseling: psychologists
- Hanoi sets up team to inspect apartments
- Ministry vows to improve management of festivals
- Vietnam beats US in new 4G speed survey, ranks second in SEA
- North Vietnam set for new cold spell
- Da Nang to roll out 6 new bus routes
- Quang Tri to set up biodiversity corridors
- Vietnamese bamboo species conserved in Dong Thap province
- 170 Vietnamese websites attacked during Lunar New Year
- Russia calls on Vietnam to participate in peace projects
- Vietnam targets to send 110,000 workers abroad
- ADB announces winners of instagram photo contest
- Made-in-Vietnam medicine use on the rise
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Plenty of job openings in HCM City
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Deputy PMs extend congratulations on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- Quang Tri teachers encourage pupils with lucky money to go to school
- Farmers struggle to treat pig waste
- Hospitals with financial autonomy need more funds
- Binh Duong: firms need over 20,000 labourers in early 2018
- Blood donation campaign opens in Hanoi
- President urges better public health care
- Vietnam, Laos youth unions forge stronger ties
- OceanBank case sent back for further investigation
- Teacher and retention recruitment crisis
- Giant dogs to take over Saigon flower street in celebration of Lunar New Year
- Hanoi pilots software to manage public car parks
- Jelly cubes pose choking risk in young children
- Binh Dinh to spend VND392 billion on UXO clearance
- Conference gathers int’l scientists to address pollution
- Binh Thuan cracks down on illegal sand mining
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP