As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
To date, the circular guiding the implementation of the decree has not been issued. Therefore, waiting is the only choice for enterprises. No cars have been imported to Vietnam since the beginning of the year.
As imports still have not arrived, the prices of favorite models have been escalating. The situation is not expected to improve in the next three months. However, Tuan said domestically made products can satisfy domestic demand.
Vietnamese tend to buy valuable assets on the days before the new lunar new year. However, despite increased demand, the prices of products made by domestic joint ventures remain stable.
Some models even have selling prices tens of millions of dong less than the manufacturers’ suggested retail prices.
As imports are getting scarce, many people have decided to buy domestically assembled cars instead.
Observers said with the total assembly capacity of 500,000 products a year, the supply is still twice as much as demand. If demand surges unexpectedly, automobile manufacturers can easily adjust their car part import plans.
“The strike of workers in the Republic of Korea recently affected the car part supply. However, the imports will increase to satisfy domestic demand,” said Le Ngoc Duc, CEO of Hyundai Thanh Cong.
Meanwhile, import models such as Fortuner, Honda CR-V and Ford Everest cannot be found in the market, even though buyers are willing to pay high prices for them. The prices of pick-ups are predicted to increase.
The models will still be unavailable until imports arrive, because they are not assembled domestically.
In theory, manufacturers can resume the assembling of favorite models such as Toyota Fortuner and Honda CR-V. However, analysts said it will take manufacturers at least one year to prepare for resumption because they will have to upgrade production lines.
Whether or not enterprises resume the assembling of some models will depend on policies on imports. If imports do not resume, they may consider assembling some models to offset the import shortage.
The Ministry of Industry and Investment (MPI) said it will take measures to tighten control over imports and support domestic production.
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- iPhone X orders weak globally, but strong in Vietnam
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP