A stroll around Hanoi’s lively Tet markets
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
It has been 80 years and Hoang Bao Lam had not missed any flower market in Hang Luoc street that opens the week before Tet. Like other Hanoians, Lam comes to the market not only for flowers but also to feel the festive atmosphere.
“We have been living in Hanoi since our childhood, so lots of our memories are here in the spring flower market”, said Hoang Bao Lam, a local in Hoan Kiem district.
Lam said he visit the market to recall the old days.
For thousands of years, the spring flower festival has opened a week before Tet on Hang Luoc and surrounding streets. The smiles of locals and the blossoming peach flowers light up the spring drizzle.
“I usually come to the flower markets from the 25th day of the 12th lunar month. Sometimes I come back on the 29th day just to view the beautiful flowers here”, said Le Thi Bich Lien, a local in Long Bien district.
When mentioning Tet markets in Hanoi, the antique market in Hang Ma street can’t be forgotten, which convenes from the 20th to the 30th day of the last lunar month.
The holiday market showcases items up to centuries old. It draws nostalgic people who can leave with a collection to show off during the holiday.
Nguyen Viet Chuc, Director of the Thang Long Culture Research Institute said the markets are not just buying and selling spots but also places of cultural exchange.
Especially, the flower market is where people come to contemplate the beauty of spring, Chuc added.
Wandering the Tet markets during the very last day of the years has become a tradition for Hanoians. Coming here, people leave behind all the worries and sorrows to enjoy the spring in the air.
- First international circus gala opens in HCM City
- Vietnamese Gio: meat pounded to perfection
- Four Sacred Animals dance through spring festivals
- The colours and flavours of Tet
- Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognised intangible cultural heritages
- Hanoi has three more national heritage icons
- Reviving folk art becomes a passion
- Cellophane noodles are great for New Year
- Ornamental plants - indispensable part of Tet
- Tradition of making Chung cake for Tet
- Hand-written letter exhibition awakes reminicenses
- People continue to visit royally-initiated winter festival
- Peach blossom festival in Lang Son
- Ancestors get first taste of Tet
- Five-fruit tray at traditional Lunar New Year
- Traditional Tet cakes of ethnic groups in Vietnam
- Nguyen Hue Flower Street opens for Tet
- Book, flower streets open to welcome Tet
- Hanoi bustling in spring days
- Vault murals officially inaugurated
- HCM city offers attractive activities during lunar New Year festival
- The dog in Vietnam’s folk culture
- Retired police officer scours country for Tay Nguyen artefacts
- Buddhist followers, visitors flock to Keo Pagoda festival
- Xoi – a quick fix for empty stomach
- Art curator promotes Vietnamese art to the world
- Mythical creatures enrich Vietnamese culture
- Three artifacts in Bac Ninh named national treasures
- Unique paintings made from sugar palm leaves
- Tet customs of Vietnamese ethnic groups
- New project to promote lotus tea in Hanoi
- Korean stars to join Korea-Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017
- Autistic artists display rich souls in painting
- Thua Thien – Hue VBS convenes 7th congress
- Int’l Women’s Day best wishes from Kong stars
- Vietnamese water puppetry grows in stature
- Local designer returns to Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo
- Buddhist festival kicks off in Dien Bien
- Art appreciation workshop opens in Hanoi on Mar. 21
- First ever Hanoi Mardi Gras Festival to cheer up LGBT communities
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP