2017 called the ‘year of milk tea’
Đăng bởi viexpress.org
One milk tea shop opens every four days in Vietnam. According to Euromonitor, the Vietnamese milk tea market is valued at US$282 million and has had an annual growth rate of 20%.
The milk tea boom was fueled by attractive profit margins and increasingly high demand.
“It takes from six months to one year to take back the investment capital if you develop a milk tea shop,” said Bui Tuan Anh, managing director of Taco.
“Older people choose cafes, while younger people tend to meet each other at milk tea shops,” an F&B expert said.
According to iPos, which provides management software and prints labels for F&B brands, in 2017 urban areas in the north saw more than 170 milk tea brands.
Dingtea is the largest milk tea chain in Hanoi with 80 shops in the city and 200 throughout the country, followed by Tocotoco with 66 shops in Hanoi and 124 in Vietnam.
In HCM City, the leading positions belong to Hot & Cold, Hoa Huong Duong and Phuc Long.
Lozi, a food app provider, in mid-2017 released the results of its survey on the milk tea market, showing that there were 1,500 milk tea shops across the country, while eight shops opened more every month in Hanoi in the first half of 2017.
According to Q&Me, the five most popular milk tea brands include Hot&Cold, Hoa Huong Duong, Phuc Long, Gong Cha and Tien Huong.
The popularity of the brands is believed to be due to prices of VND25,000-30,000 per glass.
Despite the mushrooming of milk tea shops, analysts believe the market is large enough for latecomers.
According to Lozi, 53% of polled consumers said they drink milk tea once a week. And 52% said they would pay over VND40,000 for a glass of milk tea.
Kengo Kurokawa, CEO of Q&Me, said that he still can see big opportunities in the market and now is the right time to join the market. He compared the competition in Vietnam with Thailand and Singapore markets.
Son Anh Dai, the owner of Like, said profit per glass is very high for large chains.
“I think strong brands such as Gong Cha and Koi The can make a profit of 60-70% for each glass of milk tea priced at VND50,000-60,000.”
- Property market attractive to both eastern, western investors
- Vietnam - strongest gold jewellery market in 2017
- HCM City gets new speciality market
- FMCG forecasted to grow fast during Lunar New Year festivities
- Raging competition on e-commerce market promises to heat further up
- Natural cosmetics are vitalised
- Fuel price hike strains businesses
- Property transactions in Hanoi rise 13.8%
- Many Korean goods to be exempted from tax in Vietnam
- Market records more property sales in January
- As car imports slow, sales of domestically assembled cars go up
- Blockchain to change world real estate market
- Petrol prices remain unchanged ahead of Lunar New Year
- Land fever grips Khanh Hoa provinces
- Drug retail market expands with new players
- Starbucks to open in Da Nang this month
- Local e-commerce market now a playing field for Chinese businesses
- Gas price down VND1,667 per kg in the south from February 1
- Vietnam's exports to US face tough time ahead
- Will Thaibev and other brewers remap Vietnam’s beer market?
- Opportunities for newcomers
- Garment exports to China show impressive growth
- FMCG market shows positive growth
- Another vibrant year awaits Vietnam’s property market
- Increasing affluence drives Vietnamese cruise market
- Grab makes takeover bid for Uber’s SEA operations, including Vietnam: reports
- Ministry works to stabilise market following Tet
- RON 95 petrol price drops by VND400 per litre
- Price of cashew nuts surges high during Tet
- Vietnamese spend US$18m importing Tet flowers and plants
- EU – major importer of Vietnam bamboo, rattan, sedge products
- Ford to train more women employees in Asian market
- Catfish exports to US decline
- Dairy product companies push to lift milk price cap
- SOEs to divest from banks on positive market outlook
- Smart home gadgets fail to find a mass market
- Tra fish exports to Brazil up 17.2%
- Seafood exports up nearly 8% in first quarter
- Local business imports nearly 1,800 Australian cows
- US remains top export market of Vietnam
- Sen tắm nóng lạnh K-S370
- Vòi rửa lavabo nóng lạnh K-L370
- Vòi lavabo nóng lạnh K-L360
- Vòi sen nóng lạnh K-S350
- Bếp gas Malloca AS930B
- Bếp gas Malloca GHG 732A
- Bếp gas Malloca AS-9102G New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9103B New
- Bếp gas Malloca AS9102B New
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử Pentax ETH-302
- Máy kinh vĩ điện tử SOKKIA DT 510S
- Máy thủy bình laser Sincon SL-222
- Máy Thủy Bình Laser FUKUDA EK 453DP