"/>

">
Construction on the pagoda, built under the Nguyen Dynasty (1802 – 1945), was completed in 1847 under the reign of King Tu Duc by Venerable Thich Thanh Duc. The pagoda underwent restoration in 1961 under Master Monk of Thich Tu Bach until 2004.

All wall surfaces and columns for the exterior and interior are stunningly decorated with nearly 30 tonnes of broken porcelain pieces, including chipped plates, bowls and vases, making it the only porcelain pagoda in HCM City.
170-year-old pagoda is popular tourist site in hcm city hinh 0
An Phu Pagoda in HCM City’s District 8. (Source: File Photo)
In 2007, the place was acknowledged by the Vietnam Record Book Centre as Vietnam’s largest temple made of ceramic pieces.

Two candles, weighing 1,800 kg each and measuring 3.4 metres in height, have been recognised as the heaviest and largest in Vietnam in 2005.

The pagoda has now become one of the most-visited religious destinations in the city and attracts a large number of Buddhists and tourists on full moon days or during Tet (the Lunar New Year) holiday.
From english.vov.vn
14/02/2018 06:40 GMT+7
Bình luận
Tin khác